Ronald M. Fisher, D.M.D., M.S.D.
Dr. Fisher graduated from the University of Montreal Dental School in 1977. He received his Prosthodontic degree from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 1980. He received his Residency Certificate in Maxillofacial Prosthetics in 1981 from Indiana University. He served as Chief of Service at the Maxillofacial Prosthodontic Center at Notre-Dame Hospital, Montreal, Quebec Canada from 1982 to 1990. He is presently in private practice in Delray Beach, FL.
This course will emphasize the steps required and the procedures to follow to provide successful, functional, and esthetic complete dentures and removable partial dentures in the general dental office for the easy and demanding dental patient. Consideration will be given to time saving techniques, and optimal methods, to achieve predictable results which will pelase the denture patient and extend the skills of the dentist.
The more advanced topics to be discussed will include overdentures, immediate prosthesis, and indications for the use of removable prostheses with dental implants. The morning sessions will be devoted to presenting seminar materials, including slides, demonstration of clinical techniques, handouts, and group discussions. The afternoon sessions will provide the opportunity to practice and become proficient in removable prosthetic techniques on clinical patients.
This year Dr. Fisher is offering the opportunity to observe in his private practice to interested member dentists.
Specific Areas That Will be Covered During This Year’s Course Are:
- Diagnosis and Evaluation of Prosthetic Patients
- Formulating Treatment Plans for the Complete and/or Partially
- Edentulous Patient
- Evaluating Patient’s Problems with Existing Prosthesis.
- Use of Temporary Reline Materials.
- Presentation of Treatment Plans to Patients.
- Implants in Removable Prosthetics
- Pre-Prosthetic Treatment
- Surgical Intervention (Arch Form, Implants)
- Non-Surgical Intervention
- The ABC’s of How to Make a Successful Prosthesis in Your Practice
- Preliminary Impressions
- Final Impressions
- Centric Registration
- Prosthetic Tooth Selection
- Discussion on Partial Denture Designs
- Discussion on the Use of Attachments
- Partial Dentures
- Discussion on Implant Reconstruction With or Without Removable Prosthetics
- How the Understanding of Removable Prosthetics can Enhance Your Dental Practice
- Biomechanical Gnathology
- The Latest Discipline for Occlusion